@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Learning

If you have to choose a person to learn from between a billionaire and a millionaire, who will you choose? Can you really choose? You can't. This question is invalid. The billionaire could have inherited a trillion from his father and the millionaire could be self-made all the way. The current status or position of a person tells nothing about whether he or she is a star or a flop. Furthermore, in reality it's hard to know a person's background.

The point I want to bring out is that, it is not true that you can always learn something from someone who is at a superior position than where you are at, because the superiority may not be justified. How often do we just bow to superiority without observation and reasoning? The hunger for success blinds our eyes and binds us to quick emulation. Imitation does not always work as time changes, circumstances varies and sometimes luck plays its part.

Of course the chances of learning something from someone with higher position than from someone with lower position are greater, but then again, sometimes we are simply just fascinated by their positions. If you really want to learn something, learn with your heart and stay unfazed by any other exterior forms: superiority, experience, age, "proven success" and bla bla bla.

Use your eyes. Grow your wisdom.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru