@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rubbish Mix

Text ColourJust a rubbish mix or sum up of this week basically.

IC Spider and Heat Blower
After I came up with the almost-complete schematics, I need to put all the spiders (ICs) back to the PCB. And again, I proved myself to be an absolute idiot by failing to put the biggest spider with 28 knee-down legs. Stupid surface mount technology, I cursed. Struggling in between the incapability of putting it back and the must of putting it back, I ended up blowing the PCB again and again until the surfaces turned black, the pads dropped, the spider' legs broke - the perfect indication of OVERCOOK. Aih....I just couldn't be more constructive, could I? Or perhaps that time I was too hungry and mindless?
So, again I had to dig up my courage to tell my super kind-hearted small boss of this disaster. It wasn't a good feeling after all. If I were him, I must be wondering am I utilizing his kindness as incentive to breed errors? And luckily, he's still the same kind person who just acknowledged my mistake and didn't say anything further. Now I must let myself regret of spoiling his private board, that badly. Sigh~
Electronic engineer and electronic hobbyist
I was puzzled. Capacitor blocks DC current, but then why we still use DC to charge capacitor arr? Without using my logic, straigh away I seeked help from Google by typing: "Capacitor blocks DC". To my astonishment, the first link in wiki provided the answer of my question. Alas, I forgot the step input and the charging characteristic of capacitor. It's after capacitor same voltage as source then it blocks current when there is no more change in voltage. The culprit: formula of capacitance impedance whereby if you treat DC = AC with 0 frequency, (which is not really true...) you would get infinite impedances and current wouldn't flow at all. And I neglected the formula is based purely on i) sinusoid ii) ac steady state condition iii) dc steady state condition.
I think I always have difficulty in understanding capacitor, transistor, op-amp and bla bla bla. I still remembered last time when high school teacher first taught op-amp, I was really puzzled how come a device that draws no current can amplify signal? How fake is it? Doesn't it contradicts with the Kirchoff Law of Current? Only till 2nd year in university I realized that the op-amp is powered up by two other pins, and the "no current go in thing" is just ideal op-amp characteristic, that it's because of the complex circuit inside designed purposely to make this characteristic.
If I didn't understand that time, why didn't I ask my teacher? Perhaps I was too stupid not to ask question. Why am I so adamant. still?
Hence I went to read on some other misconceptions of electronics, and I suddenly found myself back to those old school times, when I feel satisfied and happy after getting know the "truth" and understand it. That's when I thought I was fond of understanding physics, just pure sciences at the basic level. I think I am too easy to be satisfied and lack the drive to further my understanding deeper and deeper. Yet I thought myself are keen in physics, and often I proclaims so. Doesn't it just seem contradicting?
As compared to those electronic hobbyists, who really take up the profession because of their interests, I feel very ashamed of myself. Ya, I would get a electronic engineer sooner or later, second upper class at least unless I encounter misfortune; but how much more electronic stuff I know than those hobbyists? Nothing at all. Practically I am unworthy to be compared to them. And is it too late to turn myself to be electronic hobbyist? Nope. But is that what I really want? I need to find more fun in it, to ignite the turn.
Language
I would never thought that I could write so long in English. And yes, I am writing in English at present more and more because for the really first time in my life I could express my ideas that well in English. Though there are still many grammatical erros, but I don't care. I just want to immense myself in the joy of commanding English - the language I once hated most, I once feared most throughout my primary and lower secondary school times.
But if you ask me go back to those days, and write an essay given a topic, I would still stuck. Because that's not really what I want to say. It's like forcing me to vomit out words by words, sentences by sentences, without any true feeling inside. So I starts to wonder, does these essays practice really help a student to learn how to write? Without much exposure and enlightment, what's there so many feelings and thoughts to be put in lines?
Though I was ashamed of extremely weak in English that time, I always against my parents' will of persuading me to take up tuition or express class in holidays. I boasted that I would excel in English if I feel myself want to, without help from others; and if you forced me to go study while I didn't like it, I wouldn't improve either. Very arrogant indeed. Where did my pride came from arr? So poor yet so boastful? So funny, :)
越来越觉得自己做事其实是靠一股劲,而不是那么理智的。一旦劲消了就很难再勉强做下去,只有过了一段期间后,等劲再起时再冲刺。学期刚开始不久很有热诚地去学韩文,学不久后劲消了,然后又冒起热城去看小说。正如之前我突然抛下这里,然后突然又想回来这里,我觉得自己越来越难预测了。唯一可以肯定的是,再过一段期间,我又会重新埋头在各本韩文的自学书中,惟不知这段期间是多长。
我就像是一阵来去无踪的风,兴起时激昂地绕着风眼旋转,劲消时冷漠地化为尘埃停滞。这种热冷骤变,差距是否有点太过呢?

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru