@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Group Work

Just heard from Christ about his friend's opinion about me. He was in the same effective communication class with me, though not in the same group, but somehow I left him a "not-so-good" slacker type impression. Hmm...maybe it's logical to judge from outside. Sigh, What a stupid idiot effective communication group I've been worked with.
 
A group of three. The other two are close buddies and typical bo-chap type people. 2 vs 1, so they were in charge of the title, direction and all sort of thing, little room of discussion was available. Perhaps I shut it down myself based on my judgement? Felt very unmotivated to suggest ideas.
 
First task, tv review.  They decided to choose the soap drama Zhen Qing. I havn't watched before but also can't think of other title as I seldom watched tv, so it's ok. No discussion, no coordination, I was just told to write the final 200 words of summary. Good good, came out something from nothing, wrote summary without even know what they wrote in front, what a brilliant job!
 
Second task, presentation. Verbal communication. And they decided to choose internet terrorism as the topic. Where's the link between these two? Don't know. Somehow one of them found an good article and that became our sole reference to present the idea.
 
Again, they asked me to write body from this article and they themselves wrote introduction and conclusion. Well, swift and fast. But it ended up that ideas I picked up in body same as what he had written in introduction. Despair. Ok, I would go back modify my points. It wouldn't the opposite. For sure. Based on my judgement.
 
And here comes the most fantastic group-work that I've experienced with. Thursday was the oral presentation.
 
     Monday: Hey we meet up on Tuesday afternoon to discuss abt the presentation. Think around 3plus...

     Tuesday: Hey meet at wed instead. At 10:30 outside lt19. We go library 2 touch up on the presentation. And check your mail tonight.
     Tuesday night: Hey tmr no need meet le. Jus sent you the files...You do your presentation from there la.
     Thursday: Final compilation (can I say first?) at library before presenation. It was certainly one of the worst presentation that I had performed. Overruned by unconscious nervousness, my legs were thrilling but luckily it was covered. Tried to control and still able to present what I should present but I know my oscillating voice somehow had shown my nervousness.

That's only my presenation. How about them? Not bad not bad. Presented few ideas, still got time? Repeated some ideas. Still got time? Nevermind. Bo chap. Siam. But where's the teamwork between different speakers? Where's the link of our contents with the course requirement? I think none of the audience including tutor got some hint about it. Well, I could say we were the worst group in that day. No one can worse than us.

Felt very embarassed as other groups showed their great effort and teamwork in their presentation. Felt ashamed of myself as I did such a bad presentation despite all the experience I've gain from debate activities. But what could I expect then? Without any presentation, how would you expect yourself to perform? So no complain please.

But I really felt embarrassed as I not even bother to know about the score of our presentation. Would be glad if the tutor gave at least a D. Though I knowed I didn't do quite well in final, but certainly that presentation somehow contributed to my "C" in effective communication. 

I wouldn't forget the helplessness at that time. The worst group work that I've experience. Ok, I can accept myself that I wouldn't be very active to take in charge of the group, but I couldn't accept myself as a free-rider/slacker in the group. I am not that type of bo-chap, bo-hieu, quick quick do then siam people. But you two did an excellent job by bringing me down and fall for once. Not easy, not easy.

Let go, let go. I wouldn't blame you two in future. And wouldn't be irritated by this issue again. It's my biggest weakness that couldn't accept unfair judgement from others. Biggest possible pitfall. Why should I care so much?

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru