@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stress, City, Nature, Life

Suddenly IMflash called me and Kahong to change contract due to their typ0 mistake. Calling in the last minute is certainly one thing I preferred the least from them. Do they do it purposely or they aren't that organized? I believe it's the latter case. Settling period for a new company.

When we reached there we left our names to the reception's guard and were waiting to be called. After a while, a young guy came down, called the name of a guy who was there to change contract like us and brought him up. I felt a bit weird but obviously he wasn't looking for us hence we kept waiting, waiting, and waiting until we felt something must had went wrong and approached the guard (not the same person as they had changed shift) to ask about it.

Out of my expectation she accused us for not following the guy go up, for innocently looking for the person whom we should contact to come down. She repeated this "story" to the person whom we should contact to account for the delay. Perhaps it was really how she observed and interpreted, and she wasn't really interested to listen to our points. Eventually the same guy came down and brought us up. He looked younger than us and was just a part time there. Obviously there was some miscommunication between the departments. Oh well, it wasn't a serious matter but what a joke! :)

I tends to believe sometimes people who works at the lower level in the company's hierarchy are harder to deal with because of their unique weapon they developed to defend themselves against stronger power. I don't really blame them personally but it's something that I should be aware of.

If I treat this event as a problem, and I want to find a solution, how could I? Where there's a problem, it could comes from any part of the system, not just from the most directly linked part. So if I am in charge to look after this issue, how do I know she lie? How do I judge? :)

Most of the life's stresses come from people, don't you agree with it?

********************************************

Since we were out to the town, we went to do our medical check-up as well. I checked the first page of the form that NRIC or passport was needed to verify my identity. My passport was with Chris but I got my NRIC so I thought it was fine. Out of my expectation, when I finally reached there, I was told that passport was needed for the form of employment pass (which was stated at the second page of the form) "It's stated in the government law" reiterated by the receptionist. I was a bit disappointed but I simply replied "I will come at another day", though her voice is a bit cold and unfriendly, though I could had be more careful.

Came to think about it, I could simply direct my frustration to her and beat the daylights out of because she's not friendly enough (nasty customer, huh, :) ) but haha, would you?

Sometimes life's stresses come from event and could traverse through chain of people, are you an amplifier or attenuator?

*********************************************

So the medical clinic is actually located at international plaza, just opposite of tanjong pagar's MRT. From the picture above, could you possibly guess that this building is 50-storeys high?
It's upgrading right now, where you could see workers from third-world countries earning their hard bucks. A moment later they already rose up to the top level of the square.

Perhaps you may think just for a moment that they are inferior to us because of our background and status, but if I look down them, I am looking down my own ancestors too. So I imagine in another way that decades later, their children will enjoy what we enjoy now, :).

Though I am wondering, for them, what stresses them the most? Insecurity? Future?

There's a Ricoh's park behind the international plaza. "Parks and greenery are ideal places for recreational and leisure activities. Visual and physical contact with plants is therapeutic and is believed to help reduce susceptibility to illnesses." Though it's a bit small, but I guess it's a perfect escape for everyone who's fighting in a city full of sky towers.

Can I plant flowers inside my heart for my own leisure? Dreamland.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru