@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Friends and communications

There are two types of people in term of ways of keeping friends, tie inside a circle or tie across circles. For the former type, they believe that few soul mates are enough to support them, at good times or at bad times, and hence reduce efforts in making new friends; for the latter type, they prefer to know as many peoples as they can, and hence often reduce efforts in developing deeper rapport with friends. A mix of these two types, could be anything. So are you the former type or the latter type, or a mix of both? It certainly needs efforts to keep a friendship and hence your choice reflects your need. I think I belongs to the mix type but I've no idea to what extent.

There are also two ways of communicating, one-to-one or one-to-all. Some people are good in heart talk, some people are good to lead the talk and some people excel in both. Often, people that are good in one-to-all communication get most of the attention and leaves the most impressive impression to others. But this impression will burst into devastation if they are not good in one-to-one communication, failing to establish close rapport. I think I am good in neither ways as sometimes I am insensitive to friends' feeling and lack genuine care. Hope I can improve it continuously.

But sometimes I feel that, everyone has his/her own way in building rapport with friends, and it's good to learn from everyone. For example, BK may not excel in one-to-all communication but sometimes he surprised me with his sheer sensitivity and empathy, by asking me question that struck my hidden chord. How brilliant!

It's a long long way to go... let's keep walking together, my dear friends~

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru