@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Fun

Strange it may seem, but I've decided to take more time to watch movies DVD, which can be borrowed from the UC library for free. Maybe I need to be more "movie-literate", or maybe the course that I am currently taking : Mass communication and society has changed some of my views, maybe I should have more "FUN".
I watched "Face-off", an infamous but rather old movie directed by John Woo. One of the bad guy was shoted and he said:" We did have some good time, didn't we?" before the moment he died. The word "FUN" suddenly came out from my mind.
I believe all the people are pursuing "FUN" in their life. Some may suggest "FUN" is their life objective, but I don't think life is as simple as that. Life is not only "FUN". Life is about "having FUN but not at the expense of future "FUN", bringing FUN to others while not disturbing their right to get FUN."
FUN is about : Having a good meal, a sound sleep, a healthy body and mind to get our basic desires fulfilled.
FUN is about : Having good interactions and sharing good time with friends, family, parnter to get our social needs satisfied.
FUN is about : Exploring heart inside and worlds outside to fulfill our curiosity and fill in our spiritual void.
FUN is about : Makes yourself a better person, enjoy the compliment while still be able to keep your head cool whitout having any prejudice on others.
FUN is about : Keep your kindness and sincerity while still be able to protect yourself from evils.
FUN is about : Storing good memories to fight against sad, sorrow and aging.
FUN is about : Enjoy what you are doing and even if you don't, force or persuade yourself to if the things are unavoidable.
I went to a musical fountain on top of the shatin plaza with my friends after having our dinner. A 3 years-old child and her little brother were dancing so happily like future stars. Of course I never expected that and I really feel the "FUN" from them. Such a great time. And out of my expectation as well, "gwai sok", the friendly hostel officer told me that so nice to see me always happy. Well, a really warm and touching compliment although I think I don't really deserved it. Haha. My smile is not always with me because I feel tired very easily. Neither am I a good joke tellers or funny guy that possess a "happy aura". The only thing I can assured is I don't have any hatred or negative thinking about others. Haha.
Some people are only "Success oriented" (like the detector in face-off?) , and some people are only "Fun oriented" (like the terrorist in face-off?). Both are extreme ways that can't be the true path of life. Human is neither truely independent nor totally belonged to society. We have to gain success in order to safeguard ourselves in the society, but don't forget to develop our "fun" sensors as well along the way...till the end. And...mass communication (including entertainment)...is just an essential part of our life.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru