@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

5E

Explore, Expose, Enhance, Enrich, Enlighten.

I'm slowly getting back my hunger for knowledge. By knowledge I mean general knowledge but not specific knowledge here. I feel the need to read newspaper daily again after few years of not doing so.

From what I'd observed, most of the professors are only good with their own field, which means they are as dumb as me when it comes to areas outside their expertise. To put it bluntly, they are quite "not smart" in a lot of aspects of life. I remembered a prof once commented their colleagues as "boring". I don't mean to attack them here, their status and journey they had made so far deserve much of my respect. I just want to use them as a example to plan my future.

Of course I need to excel in an area to make my employable, but this expertise may not be what I'm interested in at first. Come to think of it, if you ask people why they chose their profession, they will answer "because I thought I am good at it" or "because I was brought up in such environment that made me good at it" or other external factors. Experience shapes interest and habits, and human tends to live in comfort zone. Furthermore, being good at something makes you feel great and gives some sense of satisfaction.

So, I wouldn't be selective in jobs because I know I could excel in it when I need to, or when I am forced to. I am more keen to improve my general capabilities and knowledge. It makes me more complete. This is where 5E comes in. I really need to get out of my comfort zone to get rid of my old weaknesses and to be a better person day by day.

It means that I've to keep exploring the unknown territory and be exposed to the whole world, to enhance important skills and to enrich my inner poise, towards the goal of being enlightened. And so I should focus more on the journey of life itself, but not to zoom in some special aspect like fyp and too worry about it.

I think I am good and persevere enough to specialize in an area, but I feel myself that I am better in getting the overall picture and integrating different parts together. Or I should say I was. Now I am not. But I shall be.

1 comments:

Eddie said...

hey dude! i think you can make it to become a better man. i agree with you that we should learn and explore anything that we dont know and we feel like learning. Jiayou!

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru