@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Confidence and Competition

If you are normal student, you need to find jobs; if you are top student, jobs chase after you. That's reality, no matter how harsh it may sound to someone. But since it's a hard fact, why would one think that it's harsh? Competition is part of life and source of motivation.

Unless you are top of the world, you've have to accept that there are stronger person than you. So why scare of others being better than you? You just need to bring out your best. There are two sources of confidence, to compare with others or to compare with yourself, in the past. Obviously the latter motivates you better. You may still want to compare with others to know where you stands but you shouldn't feel inferior or intimidated by them. If not you wouldn't even dare to challenge yourself, to improve yourself.

If life's a long race, temporary advantage and superiority could only carry you a bit further because complacency is the natural enemies of it. Only passion and confidence that arise from continuous self improvement will bring you to where you should belong to.

2 comments:

Lavender said...

Hi, guy! When do you start to become so philosophic? Hehehe ... :D

Anyway, Good Luck ... :P

clim said...

Haha, where got... Just some little thoughts... If not my mind will become rusty, no good no good.

Hahaha.

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru