@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Job Hunting

Today is a slacking day without real progress in studying and FYP. Was too tired to wake up for 830 class, went to library with qi-fat in the evening (managed to get one good book for each though) and went for JPMorgan recruitment talk with little krix and crazy ed.

Dress code was business casual. What's that? According to wiki, there's no formal definition of business casual. Is polo t-shirt + jeans = biz casual? You may doubt so but obviously there is quite a lot of people shares the same view as me and krix.


As usual, speech was given by director and a ex-trainee (same like Citibank last time, again he's an Indian, again he's from EEE but not in a field related to EEE... Is EEE producing talents from another way?) followed by Q&A section.


There was a guy with funny hairstyle asking funny question, was he hired by JPMorgan to bring up the atmosphere? There were quite a lot of students asked questions, but ... Hence a question came to my mind - Could you judge how smart a people is by his question? What is smart people? By krix's definition smart people is those ask smart question at right time. So, are you smart people?

JPMorgan is looking for 10-12 business technologists which could be separeted into 3 levels (Level 3: hardcore code writers, 5%, Level 2: Production support, 55%, Level 1: Front lines). Their pay is simply awesome, 55k per year. They have received 250 applications now, obviously after this talk the number would increase to 2500 or even 25,000. Stiff competetion huh? But it's reality of life. If they decided to hire someone, he/she must be good enough by their judgement, so why judge yourself? Just go apply la: http://jpmorgan.com/careers . Luck may smile on you.

Meanwhile, crazy_ed became the first among us to get the job offer and pen it down. Congratz.
I'm gonna start my job hunting now, go go go.

And, how long could I maintain my cleanest room so far? Time will tell.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru