@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wine Appreciation

Went to EEE Chill Out Night. Good food and chance to taste 4 different wines for just $8, amazingly good stuff la!

So this is the first time I being taught how to drink a wine and I really learnt a lot about classification, region, food matching bla bla bla.

1. Chardonnay - white wine, from New Zealand : light
2. Carbenet Sauvignon - red wine, from France : heavy, sour
3. Shiraz - red wine, from Australia : heavy, a bit spicy
4. Riesling - white wine, from Germany : sweet

So the proper way to taste the wine is to swirl the glass to release the aroma and smell it, drink and let the wine flow through the whole tongue to capture all the different tastes. Wao... So professional.

Have I just started my journey of appreciating wine? Hmm...

http://www.soyouwanna.com/site/syws/basicwine/basicwine.html

http://www.enjoygourmet.com/lesson/grape/grape.php?gno=1

3 comments:

Lavender said...

Cool, man! How lucky you are where you can have a chance to tast those red wine & white wine with just $8!!!!

How amazing the price is!!! Wow, I have never tried white wine before! How was the taste when you tried white wine?

clim said...

Haha student price ma. White wine? Smoother to drink and also lighter in taste than red wine lo... You sounds like you've tried red wine, so i assume you could imagine it. :P

Lavender said...

Yaya, I've tried red wine several times before!Damn nice.... hehe.... Sorry, Im some kind of drunkard! Hahahaha ....

Wow, then I think I should try white wine one day, maybe I will like it tooo ......

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru