@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

虚?实?(4)

毫无疑问我是在所谓的中华文化“优良”文化熏陶下成长的小孩,曾几何时也以此稍微得意,对于那些应该属于“华人”却不懂华文的人略带鄙视。

但是当小孩长大后,发觉中华文化尽管再博大精深,若自己一头都栽进去总会有局限性。对属于自己的总是充满不切实际的自豪其实正是走向危险的第一步。实际上,尽管自诩保留着传统的“以礼待人”,“韬光养晦”,我也同时坚定地信任“自主独立”、“自由平等” 等西方价值。所以,我的文化认同是什么?中华文明?西方文明?还是……

实际上,究竟一个人的民族身份和文化认同有什么重要?华人就是好的么?日本人就是阴深莫测的么?阿拉伯人就是邪恶的么?西方人就是自傲的么?马来人就是懒惰的么?根本不能一概而论。就算是不懂华语的华人又怎么样?移民的后代自然要适应于当地的生活,有错么?

抛弃一切累赘的民族优越感和文化优越感,是走向人与人之间的平等对待的第一步,因为,每个人都是特殊的。

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru