@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

10 reasons to skip lectures

This Friday was the day where the "last lecture" was conducted, which symbolized the end of a student's life. My "last lecture" is a bit different with others as it was conducted probably one or two months ago.

We usually summarize things towards the end of something. Throughout these 4 years, I think I have improved my consistency. Where was it? In skipping lectures. :)

- First year: Didn't attend 99.99% (can't say 100% though) of lectures in Sem 2 due to dota practices, activities and catching up in studies.

- Second year: Attended 70% of the lectures via lecture recording.

- Third year: Attended 50% of the lectures during exchange programme, of which 80% of time spent fishing.

- Final year: Didn't attend lectures since week X.

Why am I so keen to skip lectures? Here are my top 10 reasons of skipping lectures:

*Please don't read it if you are a good student as it is potentially hazardous to you.

1. Trapped in a dream in early morning unconsciously.

2. Staying up late consciously.

3. There are only morning classes in a day.

4. There are not only morning classes, but it's better to be consistent.

5. Sacrificed for activities, assignments and discussions.

6. It's better away than late.

7. Sleeping in room is better than sleeping in lectures.

8. There are lecture recordings.

9. Lecturers don't know how to teach.

10. Studying notes before going lectures makes you understand no more than what are inside notes, not studying notes before going lectures makes you understand nothing.

Your reason? :)

4 comments:

Eddie said...

"Sleeping in room is better than sleeping in lectures." the main reason for me. lolz

clim said...

Bcoz you are sleep king ma... ~~

KE said...

yeah, i liked to skip morning lecturers too.. couldnt wake up then, but forced to wake up early in the morning now...working life sux

clim said...

Haha, I can imagine that... We can no longer enjoy that....

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru