@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

New template ^^

Wanted to change to this template few days ago, but weird coding errors occurred... The template that works for others simply don't work for me, and I kept getting the frustrating coding error screen. Different coding error at different times, like buying lottery number. @.@ Got help from friend but problem remained. That's why these few days my blog were so merry, got flower la, got butterfly la, got coffee la and got default blogger plain template of course.

Now that I solved my problem, I think different widgets are the main culprit of coding errors.

- Templates that so many people are using by right should work. The common difference is the use of different widgets.

- Some widgets have spirit (perhaps because of staying in the blog long enough to develop it) and refuse to be deleted. When you try to delete it, they call for code bug to help.

- One of these ghostly widget is icon bar that contains "stumble" and other popular sites, usually put at the end of the post.

- If you don't expand widgets in the editing "html" page, and just upload new XML, this widget will follow the new master. Even if the new XML is blogger default. So you can see how strong can this spirit actually can be.

- But if you opt to delete the html codes and paste the new codes manually, the problem could be solved. Because you intervene and choose not to let computer do all the things for you on your behalf, like allowing such spirit to continue staying. '

Moral of this mystic story is that next time when you got errors in changing template, check out previous widgets first.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru