@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Moody

A short recap from HRM - Psychology part.

"Mood", different from "emotions", is less specific and less likely to be triggered by a particular event; but triggered by a series of events. Mood is a relatively lasting affective state.

In short, you get "bad mood" when a series of shits happened. These shits, if does not happen back to back, are immaterial. But when they add up, they become holy shit, and you feel "moody".

Having said so, it's pretty ironical. Why immaterial things add up become material? One possible reason is that they may seem immaterial intuitively but contradict with your beliefs, indirectly or unconsciously. Another reason is that different combination of these shits give rise to a false sense hood of something you fears. So there's no clear escape from this affective state without help from "reason".

These things are called shits because they are undesirable. They are undesirable because they preclude your desire. So either you disassociate them with your desire (trying to persuade yourself that they are not related), or you reduce your desire.

After all, it's a matter of "desire". Somehow an analogy between "Warlord and Lands" and "Human and Desires" appears in my mind. Sometimes warlord expands lands, sometimes warlord concedes lands, depending on situation; but size of the land matters most in warlord's heart. When a warlord no longer cares about land and doesn't control any land, he/she becomes a hermit.

There's no way human can become saint, and so desires will forever remain the central theme of our heart. The question is, which part to expand? which part to concede?

1 comments:

clim said...

you yelling for dota? LOL

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru