@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fear

This is the first time I got so many helps from others in my studies. In wireless, I got a nice prof that offers me re-take of CA; in VHDL I got a nice prof who is very linear; in RF, I got nice friends that lend their CA answers for me to copy; in ENS, I got nice group members to work with; in Embedded, I asked Yip Kuan for favours so many times. But yet, I struggles to motivate myself to study.

Maybe my source of motivation is still there, but it is greatly overshadowed by FEAR. The fear of not doing well in exam. How a person, not attending lectures for whole semester, left with 4 days to study for 3 subjects, still can do well in exam? I don't think I'm that smart. And my last sem's results weren't that encouraging to suggest that I can pass this challenge.

Arsenal's playing now. By right I should be watching. And yet I am not in mood to do anything, not even in mood to slack. I'm terrified now. These few days I don't think I will be sleeping well. The only thing I can rely now, is my fear.

Isn't fear the greatest source of motivation?

4 comments:

Louis Koay said...

Guess the same fear that u face, i felt that too ,not just me and u but a lot of others.Those who can outshine others is because of they can overcome the fear.I personally exp. that overcame the fear made me do better. I always feel that to score a subject is not about just getting A but understand it. Just take your time to master it , strike ur best, i believe naturally it will turn out well..then nothing to be shame of , outcomes doesnt really that important.

Eddie said...

seem like we got another blogging buddy. Welcome to blogger! Yeah. true, fear is inevitable. The greatest form of motivation is to think about the day after all the exam, the graduation trip or the graduation day!

clim said...

Haha thanks Louis. Hmm...I think I seldom think of better future to motivates myself. Why huh?

Anonymous said...

Umm, fear is the source of motivation, I guess. But somehow when you aren't afraid of fear, nothing can motivate you anymore --> just like a guy I've seen last time, no motivation at all in studies, haiz...

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru