@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Friday, April 18, 2008

Self worth

Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes your confidence soars sky high, sometimes you doubt your self worth. This fluctuation is greater during life's transitional period, especially at present times that most of us are going to graduate.

Where does one's confidence comes from? I don't have time to find a book and learn about it but I was told before that it comes from two sources:

a) One did something that one feels proud of. So, being the same person, one shall be confident that one could do it again.

b) One improves oneself daily by daily and live as a better person compared to the past.

So long as you are good at something, you will feel positive. How good is good? Better than other person is good, relatively. Everyone compare themselves with others in heart in some aspects, don't you? Thank goodness we have multiple intelligences. It virtually rules out the possibility of a person being worst candidate in every aspects.

I thought of the strong Chinese classic words: 天生我才必有用.


I googled the translation of it and it returns:
i) Heaven has endowed me with talents for eventual use.
ii)
All things in their being are good for something.

Nah, both translations sound weak. It doesn't resonate as strong. Does this sound better?


But it's not as strong as "be yourself!" though it means differently. Words are, the shorter the stronger.

Sometimes it's good to ponder and wonder are we really good at something. Because by doing so, we are already better than some people.

Cogito, ergo sum. (Latin)
I think, therefore I am. (English)
我思故我在。

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru