@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A storming day

Seldom has he used word "important" in email. Never has he called for a team meeting at 5PM, a time that is so close to the end of the day. And when he did for the first time, it is also his last time.

Out of the blue, all of us were stunned. It is the least expected event that could be described as "important". In fact, it is the most important event ever. Clouds soon roamed around everyone's head.

It must have taken him a lot of courage to make this decision and assume risks afterward. After 16 years of serving, at his mid forties where most of the people would prefer to stick to the comfort zone, he vigorously set out to sail into an unknown sea, to set up his own business, to do something that he really wants to do. This alone draws much admiration from colleagues of similar age.

If that is what he seeks to do for a long time instead, then perhaps it connotes something about what he has been doing for the past few years. Without much exchange of words, all of us reach the same level of understanding of the background, aside from the immediate feeling and confusion for all sorts of uncertainties that lay ahead.

But we could only laugh, as we all know that he leaves for his own good. Principal from the other came over to express his incomprehension of our seemingly joyous air, only to figure out that it's a very thin layer of air that serves as a temporary remedy. We all know what happened, and what will happened. A bomb has been dropped, and soon we will be exposed to storms.

Though we occasionally bemoan about some of his actions and decisions, and grumble about his lack of guidance, but given circumstances that he has to handle, perhaps he has given his best to let everyone of us has our own room to breathe and work. This alone deserves a lot of respects from us, as he at least has given us respects to do things. You may ask, isn't it a simple thing to do? Perhaps it is but unfortunately I rarely see it happens. How many of us can resist throwing temper under piling pressure? How many of us can resist using insensible arguments and pressing angers to bulldoze all the way, just to get our goals achieved?

But one could only do so much, for a limited period of time. Everyone of us is in charge of our own direction. Storms, will definitely come. We have no choice but to bite the bullet and move on.

Just that none of us has expected this storming day. Neither do I have expected that my manager will leave before me. It certainly stirs up the rest of my colleagues' mind, but makes me more firm on my soon-to-be departure.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru