@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Contra

I think we often have contradicting needs, like having a little pair of angel vs demon near our ears. That's why we are complicated and none of us is exempted. The only difference is, some are aware of this some are not. For those that are aware, they can minimize (but not eliminate) contradicting themselves and become clearer in their life pursuits. Or, they can house both voices and yet maintain a sweet balance to adapt to ever-changing environment. For those that are not, they can moan about one thing today and grief about another thing tomorrow, without knowing that those two things actually contradict against each other. Or, they can further deceive themselves that they are faultless and develop themselves into a pseudo moralist or hypocrite.


In much simpler term, no pain no gain. We all dream about gain without painting the pain in the picture, and fool dreams about all types of gains and stay scared of all kinds of pains. What a wonderful land! But reality is revolving around yin and yang, without yin there will not be yang, and vice-versa. Just like there will not be any happiness if there is no sadness. The question is, how much more can we minimize sadness and maximize happiness. Some move forward for better future, and some are pushed forward by greater evil of past. A better choice of two fortunes or lesser of two evils? Depends on which way you are more inclined to see it, but I don't think we can have wholesome happiness if we do not have the slightest sense of sadness.

"But hey, why bother so much about this?"

"Oh yeah, you are welcome to stay in your wonderland. It's me that couldn't afford such luxury, or no one grants me such luxury."

You can have the best of each road but you could only choose one to walk. The road that you choose not to continue, and its alongside sceneries that you would miss perhaps forever, are called sacrifices. - C'est la vie.

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru