@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Counting down. Starting up.

I have decided. This move is bold and adventurous in the eyes of most. Deep down my heart, I share the same fear, but I have my own solid reasons. Most elders support my decision, because having been through so many stages in life, they know much better about colours, flavours and scents of life.


Perhaps it is not so wise to make this profound, and I certainly appreciate advices against letting rumours run around, because it will leave me no chance to revert my decision and render me no other options than committing what I say. But this is exactly what I want. Though my reasons are sensible, I may be overrun by fear and fall back to comfort zone. The only way to avoid that is to cut down every possible paths and burn down hopes of alternatives.

I know for sure, that I need to conquer this fear, just like how I conquered the fear of commanding English, the fear of working and so on. It is exactly the same reason why I do not further my studies. I do not like to run away.

And yet, people like to judge according to norm, stereotype or what they think, if what they think is not norm or stereotype. When I started my first job, some colleagues said:"Why are you here? You shouldn't be here." When I started my second job, some colleagues said:"Why are you here? You shouldn't be here." And I know for sure, when I start my third job, some will say:"Why are you here? You shouldn't be here." I am not saying that I dislike constructive advice, but I just want to say that this kind of idiot-proof question exists everywhere. If I should not be at the place wherever I go, who is responsible for my destination if I am to follow any of the advice above? No one.

I seriously dislike the idea of "what kind of people should do what kind of job", and I believe that whichever path we take, we all have different destination.

To me, a lot of things weigh much higher than "technical knowledge".

2 comments:

YiN-YiN said...

Burn down all the alternative path. Wow... it's some kind of courage showing to let you have no way to escape but only keep on moving. It might be the way but it might lead you to nowhere oh!

Anyhow, I'll for sure support you one geh! Hahahaha!

clim said...

Haha...yes, keep on moving is the way. I may end up nowhere but the journey itself could be the meaning.

Thanks for your support! :)

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru