@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Can you judge the book by its cover?

The common wisdom tells us that you can't. But yet it's so commonly practiced, out of necessity. If there are hundreds of books you need to digest, can you read all and judge it by contents? If there isn't even enough time for you to digest, can you spare additional time to judge it by contents? It's not impossible if you have endless energy and time.

Yet you cannot just simply judge the book by its cover and that's it. There's only two possible outcomes, you either judge it correctly, or wrongly. It's important to know why is that so. Maybe you can include other factors like thickness, published year, where you get it from and ec cetera. Case after case, you may have develop a database (experience) to help you make better judgement. I think this is essential to help me to deal with people more efficiently.

It's actually similar to what has been described in previous article, it's the feedback that is most important.

Perhaps I did too much analysis on closed loop feedback system. :)

Just my two cent thought.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Well, it's just meant to be a pun. Chill dude...Let's finish this last lap together....

clim said...

LOL I don't like pun, I prefer bun. (Freaking cold) LOL

Add oil together~

Lavender said...

Hahahaha.. you also know it's freaking cold huh? XD XD XD

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru