@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Friday, March 14, 2008

When doom are turned into hope

Today spent almost half day troubleshooting my system, under the guide and aid from Ah Cheong. We went through topology and connection checking, re-configured the compensation network, dealt with the convergence problem and finally managed to put the system back on the right track, and delivered the results that are reasonable and explainable.

So it means that my previous set-up was a real garbage. As I couldn't solve the convergence problem, I opted to change the connection and topology. Amazingly, the problem solved but it's all but the beginning of a dead-end path. Things were messed up and project went stagnant for quite long. On the verge of giving up, somehow we managed to scrape through by "forcing" the output that we want. But it's of no use at all, it just gave the "literal" output and "pseudo" stability, when the load changes a bit, it will go haywire.

I sensed something were wrong but I couldn't really tell. When I couldn't simulate the dynamic load response according to the standard testing my hearts started to meld. I was prepared to give a last fight before the fate hits the last nail on my coffin. And now, the doom are turned into hope, although as slim as it possibly be, because I am running against the clock.

But certainly it's million times better than being hopeless. Although I just have a week more to revise previous theories, rework the parameters, redo the results and rewrite the report, I am confident I can turn the tide. I can make my report much better than now. Bring it on!

These two days I has been working continuously, sleep earlier and wake up earlier. When I woke up today by myself I know I am back. Consistency is the power. Even I has been working for the whole day now I still feel energy to keep going. Hope is the energy. I know chance comes but only once, and if I don't go all out now I will be the dumbest person in the world.

And given that the dire situation was solved in half a day, it at least assures myself that I wasn't all wrong. My understanding, my efforts. There were certain gap in between my knowledge and the way to apply it. These missing elements, if I were to continue searching on my own, will continue to be missing.

I keep bitching about my prof at today's dinner while my friends asked me not to grumble too much as there are lots more worse cases around. I may sound like I am suffering the most in the world which I know I am not, but that's just to release my emotions. Accommodating will do much better job than reasoning. In fact, I never doubt he's hard working and dedicated. I even forced myself to utter "thank you" after the half an hour of "wars of words". I know how to deal with things reasonably (most of the time), just that sometimes I also need to whine. Though I still wonder, if only he had provided those missing elements, I will now at somewhere of much greater height. I had been independent for all the way, I am not asking to be spoon fed, I just want some right guidance at the time I most needed. When I stood up against him he said I was trying to confuse him. Mix feeling.

Anyway, at this last chapter of U-life, I just need to be strong. There are lots of things coming up and cram my schedule till the end, but I am really firing on all cylinders to face it. Last semester I faced the same situation I failed to deliver, this time I shall not repeat the mistake again. One shall stand up at where he fell down. Let's keep going.

Of course, all of these, wouldn't been possible, without the most helpful hand from Ah Cheong, whose dedicated half-day efforts turned my doom into hope.

Million thanks! ^^

4 comments:

KE said...

sounds like you!
don't give up, all the best for your presentation!

LitTing said...

Feeling bored and that's why read your blog. Sometimes I do really respect you. You are so lazy (skipping lectures always) but yet you have such a strong determination to do things that you want to do. Your English really improved a lot. Haha. Gambate la! :)

Lavender said...

Wow, sounds like you've back! Umm.... now I now "You are so lazy(skipping lectures always)" .. Hahahaha... anyway, Gambate and work hard .... May luck on your side .... :D

clim said...

To KE: Haha thanks. Did I sound like hardnecked bull?

To litting: Haha I so geng can earn your respect? I prefer to get it for my lectures skipping. Anyway, I will take this as a compliment la. Thanks.

To coolingsky: I hope I am really back but haha, there's still a long way to go. Thanks for your luck.

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru