@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Coming Election == Coming Joke

Took a short break from typing FYP draft and went to read some news. This news <人民与世界接轨国家封建依旧 外国记者:贪污令投资者却步> from merdeka review caught my attention so I just want to share the highlights of the news and a bit of my thoughts here.

That's a reason why I think this news is important because how other people from other countries think of our country reflects what they've see, heard or experienced. Perception is truth. Moreover, their perception will not change drastically because they are free from national propaganda and major media re-presentation.

1. Sarah Stewart from AFP think one of the more serious problem in Malaysia is CORRUPTION. 法新社(AFP)特派员莎拉史蒂活指出,稳定之余投资者在投资前还会做其他方面的考量,比如国家是否贪污腐败。莎拉认为,马来西亚其中一个最大的问题是贪污。

2. Investors from Japan are mostly turned off by CORRUPTION, quote from a Japanese media worker. 一名日本媒体记者告诉她,由于马来西亚贪污严重,日本投资者没有太大兴趣到此地投资。

3. Newsweek columnist Lorien Holland thinks that our political system more or less is feudal. 新闻周刊撰稿人罗琳荷兰:这里的政治制度,在很大的程度上是封建制度

4. Wall Street Journal columnist Raphael Pura thinks BN is impossible to lose the election due to gerrymander or improper dividing of constituency / electoral district. In last election, BN won 64% of the votes but got 91% of the parliament seats. 华尔街日报驻南亚和东南亚区副主任拉斐尔普拉:基于我国的选区划分问题,国阵“没有可能会输”国阵在上届大选赢得64%选票,可是却扫下了91%国会议席

These are just tip of the iceberg. For politics in MY, the more hard facts you know, the more you become politically apathetic.

Oh ya I have not even registered as a voter. But how much confidence you have in your votes to turn the evil tide?

If opposition parties so happen can deny BN's 2/3 majority, you know what? They actually can rule this country by votes count, if.... ^^

1 comments:

Lavender said...

Hahaha, I can't agree more with what you've stated in this post!

Umm, even though I'm a voter now, I don't think there'll gonna be any surprise of the result of election for this year too.

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru