@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Welcome! 欢迎!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to my virtual home. This is a little private space for me to put my thoughts and share my feelings since 2005. Due to my wide range of interests, there are perhaps too many tags. I would explain some of the less obvious tags:

"About Life" is really about how I have been pondering about life and what enlightenments and paradigm shifts I had experienced.

"About Psi" contains most topics about happiness, optimism vs pessimism,
confidence, comparison, pride and prejudice and other psychological aspects.

"About Logical Thinking" is about my own way of interpretating and explaining
certain issues, aiming to debunk (or create?) superficialness of them.

"About Ideology" is about my thoughts on big concepts like freedom, justice,
fairness in society and religion.

"About Society" is more about my observations about the society, often through interactions with different peoples.

"My Country" reveals my frustration, critics and hope
on my homeland - Malaysia.

"My Little Pieces" has more short posts though mostly are written in Mandarin.

While I do have some posts on book reviews and business, I am planning to
separate them into author-specific and content-specific blogs. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Principle & Prejudice

To live with wrong principles is better than to live with no principle. By adhering to principle, even the wrong one, you seek consistency in your beliefs and behaviours. And if you are a little bit smarter to realize that your so called principles may be wrong or obsolete, then you will scrutinize it frequently to adopt a better one, leading to a better understanding of yourself and more complete control of yourself. Diverted to a wrong path before made you really appreciates the importance of walking the right path. If there is no absolutely right or wrong path, but only appropriate path at the appropriate moment, then the significance of refreshing principles frequently is too obvious to be mentioned.

The same can be said about prejudice. To live with wrong prejudice (is there right prejudice anyway?) is better than to live with no prejudice. This may sound wrong but to think about it, none of us is free from prejudice. None of us can proclaim that. Anyone who thinks that he or she is absolutely objective is an absolute hypocrite. Anyone who is a little bit smarter always prepare to admit that he or she have wrong prejudices against something or someone. It's just because none of us is perfect. So I wouldn't mind to develop prejudice quickly if need to and leave rooms for rectification. Frequent rectification of prejudice brings objectiveness closer. The earlier we get into a wrong path, the earlier we get into the right path.

Live with whatever principle and prejudice you may be, just keep an eye to change it to a better one.

2 comments:

Lavender said...

Haha.. You may right, but somehow not everyone can make a right rectification after realizing that they are in the wrong path. Perhaps, they don't even know they are in the wrong path .... XD XD

clim said...

Haha, that's why it's important. XD XD

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru